How To Make 2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Soft and fluffy pancakes served with maple syrup toppings. Sounds delicious for a breakfast, right? Not so if you have to go through the long process of making them. What if you could make healthy and tasty pancakes with just 2-ingredients?
2-ingredient banana pancakes are a great alternative to starch-based pancakes. They contain no sugar, gluten, paleo and dairy which makes them ideal for diabetic patients and lactose intolerant people.
2-ingredient banana pancakes are usually made with 1 banana and 1-2 eggs. It depends on how much linear protein you want to consume. The pancakes are filled with vitamin B6 that works closely with your body enzymes.
Bananas are great for the skin. If you frequently suffer from skin rashes, this might the perfect breakfast for you. The manganese keeps the bones strong and keeps your blood sugar level in control.
The high fiber and potassium levels are added bonus on banana pancakes and they help keep your digestion smooth. Shuffling your breakfast routine with 2-ingredient banana pancakes are a great way to add variety in your diet.
How Do They Taste?
It’s a good question. Conventional pancakes contain so many ingredients that create the nice soft texture of pancakes. The flour holds the pancakes together and the butter and milk add the mind-blowing taste to the mix.
The 2-ingredient banana pancakes will not taste like your regular Sunday morning pancakes. But you don’t have to be disappointed. They still taste great.
They have a very soft custard-like texture that melts immediately when you put them in your mouth. Obviously, they taste like banana a lot, considering they are made from bananas. You can always add a little baking powder or your favorite flavor if you don’t like bananas.
Let’s Start Cooking
Enough talking. Let’s start making those 2-ingredient banana pancakes we have been blabbering about. All the ingredients you will need is listed below:
- A ripe banana
- 1-2 eggs
- Butter/cooking oil
There are optional ingredients to tweak the pancakes to satisfy your taste buds a little more. We are listing the optional ingredients as well. If you happen to have any of these lying around in your kitchen, feel free to add them.
- A pinch of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- Vanilla extract
You can create your own combination of ingredients every time you make banana pancakes. This will keep your morale high to eat healthy without compromising the deliciousness.
- A small bowl to mix
- A fork to break down the banana
- Cast iron or non-stick pan
- A Spatula
- Break the banana: Start by peeling the banana you have. Break it into medium to small pieces and put them in the bowl. Take the fork and start smashing. Smash until there are no pulps left. The mashed banana should look like thick concrete mix.
- Whisk the eggs: The next step is to take your eggs and whisk them. You can either whisk the eggs in a different bowl or pour it over the mashed banana and stir. Both options result in the same final product so do as per your convenience. The final mixture should look thinner than regular pancake batter.
- Add the flavor: If you have decided to use any of the optional ingredients we have listed above, it is time to throw that in the mix. Add the ingredients and stir nicely until it creates an even texture.
- Heat the pan: It’s time to move on to the stove. Take your pan or griddle and put it on the stove. Heat it up in medium heat for a few minutes. If you are using butter, melt it now. You can cook the pancakes without any fats as well.
- Pour the batter: You have successfully reached halfway through the 2-ingredient banana pancakes cooking procedure. It’s your time to shine the spatulas! Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter on to the pan. It should sizzle and start cooking immediately. If not, you need to turn the heat up. It’s not ideal to cook more than two pancakes at the same time.
- 1 Minute Routine: Cook the pancakes for about a minute. Carefully lift a corner and check the color. If you see brown, its time to flip. Repeat the same routine on the other side as well.
- Toppings: If you want to add anything on top, this is the time. Add your nuts or chocolate chips before the first flip. It will ensure that your toppings stay in place. Then flip it and cook it.
- Serve Warm: 2-ingredient banana pancakes are best served warm. The colder they get, the more they lose the texture. So, eat them straight off the pan with maple syrup, honey or anything you like.
The viscosity of 2-ingredient banana pancakes are different than flour pancakes. There is no flour to hold it together. So, make sure to keep the pancakes fairly small. They will cook faster and evenly throughout.
Flip Them Good
Pancakes are considered one of the simplest recipes in the world. Our 2-ingredient banana pancakes are even simpler. But there are things that can get complex. Like the flipping.
Flipping the conventional pancakes takes practice. 2-ingredient banana pancakes like ours is even more liquid-y. If you go your regular pancakes path, the banana pancakes will break and fall apart all over the place.
Let’s make your lives easier by giving some quick tips on how to flip banana pancakes. Pour the batter and keep cooking one side. Lift the corner with a spatula and check the color. If it looks golden brown, its time to flip.
The sides of your pancake should be ready by now. But the middle is still liquid and moves every time you use the spatula. Fear not. Gently insert the spatula from one side of the pancake. Push the pancake to the edge of the pan or skillet.
Now, carefully lift one half of the pancake in an attempt to flip. It is normal that some of the batter will spill on your pan. Just flip the pancake right on top of where the batter has spilled. Cook for a minute. Voila! You are done.
Use the Right Spatula
What kind of spatula you are using will greatly influence how your 2-ingredient pancakes turn out. If you use a thick spatula, it will be a nightmare to flip the pancakes. Make sure to use very thin spatulas for perfect and clean flipping.
If you have some leftover pancake batter, you can easily refrigerate it and follow the same instructions next time. Similarly, you can also refrigerate cooked pancakes. Wrap them in paper towel and throw them in the fridge.
The next time you want to eat those banana pancakes, just take them out of the fridge and microwave for 30 seconds. Pause. Microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat until they come up to your preferred softness.
Microwaved pancakes will not taste as good as freshly cooked, but the texture and the nutrients are still there. So, if you woke up late and don’t have time to cook breakfast, these leftover pancakes from the fridge might be your lifesaver.
Related Post: Best Microwave Ovens
There you have it. A-Z on how to make healthy and delicious 2-ingredient pancakes. All you need is a banana and 2 eggs. Peel the banana, whisk the eggs, mix them and cook them. Make sure to flip carefully without ruining the shape. And keep them small.
Add your favorite toppings like chocolate chips, fresh blueberries, different types of nuts or whatever else you like. It’s your life and your pancakes. We are just guiding you through the process of achieving the satisfaction.
The next time you crave pancakes, give this simple 2-ingredient banana pancakes a try. It’s filled with necessary elements to keep you healthy. All it takes is a little motivation to step up and try something new.
- This 2-Ingredient Banana Pancake Recipe Is The Healthy Answer – HuffPost
- Healthy 2 Ingredient Pancakes – Gimme Delicious