How To Make The Best Brownies in the World
You can of course buy them boxed, but the best brownies are made from scratch.
It may sound daunting, but if you get the recipe and techniques right, homemade brownies are better by miles and then you can also have a stash at hand in your freezer. They should always be completely fudgy, chocolaty, and utterly addictive. Read on to find out how to make the best brownies in the world.
Rules to Make the Best Brownies in the World
Make them sweet and sugary – A great way to make any type of brownie is to use two sorts of sugar. Lots of traditional brownie recipes only suggest that you use white sugar, but this is where they go wrong. In the best brownie recipes, you should also find a mix of brown sugar being used too. This is because the molasses will make the flavor of the brownies much richer and additionally make the brownies softer and chewier than if you had used only white sugar.
Add an extra egg – The best brownies have an extra egg yolk in them. Usually egg whites give airiness to brownies, but an extra egg yolk also helps to create a much richer and thicker texture. The best brownies are thick and dense and using an additional yolk it helps you to achieve this.
Play with flavors – The best brownies come in all sorts of flavors which can be achieved by adding extras to you well perfected mix. Try using finely chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts which will easily add to the texture of your recipe too. Chopped up fruits can also make a surprising treat in a brownie such as the mix of chocolate and cherries.
Use All-purpose flour but you will find that you do not have to use much. You are looking for really fudgy brownies, so less flour assists you to keep the texture sort of sticky. But if you are wanting a cakier brownie, then you can adjust the quantities of flour to suit your preferences.
Think about your equipment – To make the best brownies you need to be using the best baking tins. If you enjoy or crispier edges, then it is a good idea to use a good metal pan to bake your brownies in. Glass pans can also be used but as they are an outstanding conductor of heat so you will need to consider your temperature. If you decide to use glass, ensure you lower the temperature to fully compensate.
Related Post: Best Baking Sheets
The Chocolate Flavor – The best brownies require a mix of chocolate and cocoa in order to help you achieve the definitive richness the best chocolate brownies should have. Using chocolate powder leaves you without any of the heaviness that you can sometimes find that you get at home. The best brownies are made by using melted chocolate which you can either get from a block of chocolate or you can use chips. Blended together with the cocoa powder you will achieve the most chocolaty flavor that you can create. You can choose any type of chocolate in a brownie recipe and it is a good idea to use a blend of milk and dark chocolate.
Best Brownie Recipe Ever
This really is how to make the best brownies in the world. These brownies are the easiest way to create a chewy, melt in the middle, fudgy chocolate brownie.
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 35 mins
- Serving: 8
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup melted salted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Let all of your ingredients get to room temperature prior to mixing. If eggs need to be bought to room temperature rapidly, put them into a bowl of warm water for a few seconds first.
- Preheat your oven.
- Line a metal baking tray with grease.
- Using a whisk, mix together melted butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add in two of the eggs and one additional egg yolk. Whisk until mixed together completely.
- Add melted chocolate and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Add flour until everything is combined.
- Place mixture in the baking try and tap to smooth it out.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Verify the oven temperature as you cook with a thermometer for best results when making brownies. As soon as your oven is ready to go after being pre-heated, you can adjust settings as required to get the looked-for temperature inside.
Top Tips for Making the Best Brownies in the World
- Always make sure that you line your brownie tin as cleaning up after they have stuck to the sides is not fun. You can grease the pan or line it with parchment paper. You will be glad you did because it will make cleaning up so much easier if you prevent the brownies from baking on.
- After you have removed your brownies from your oven, pop the tin in some ice cubes in a tray as soon as they are done to give the tray an ice bath. By doing this you will be actively stopping the brownies from continuing to cook instantly. So, what you will hopefully be left with will be a perfect moist center.
- Melt your butter and chocolate chips slowly. If you heat them all together at once the butter will be more likely to make your chocolate become too hot and so turn very grainy. Melt slowly and stir your chocolate every so often.
- For the best brownies you need to go to the effort of sifting all the dry ingredients such as your flour before putting them into any of your wet ingredients. You do not want to end up finding any lumps of dry ingredient in your brownies which are not supposed to be there.
- Put in cocoa powder with warm melted chocolate. Directly after you have done melting your chocolate, then you need to stir in the cocoa powder which encourages it to infuse into the mix with a powerfully rich chocolate flavor that you do not get when you just sifting the cocoa powder straight into your mix.
- Ensure that when you measure out your flour, you need to try not to scoop it directly from the container. As an alternative, spoon it into a cup to prevent getting large clumps of contaminated flour.
- Whisk together your eggs first before adding them to the brownie mixture. This aids you to achieve a crackly top to your brownie. Mix them in carefully and slowly and it helps to remember that you cannot really overmix a brownie mixture.
- Before you make your brownies, try chilling your brownie mix. Refrigerate the mix for a minimum of hour or try leaving it overnight for best results. By doing this you should end up with extra fudgy and chocolaty brownies which will have cracklier tops.
- Under-bake brownies by leaving a few moist crumbs when you take the brownies out of the oven. If you want chewy brownies, then you do need to practice getting this right so just a tad under-baked is what you need to be aiming for. Also, if you are not using the ice method above to stop them cooking, your brownies will still be cooking after you have taken them out of the oven, so this is something to think about.
- The minute you have perfectly cut your brownie squares, the crumbs do not need to be wasted. Whatever is left behind on the baking tray does not deserves to go into the trash. Pop them into an airtight container of their own and you can save them to be sprinkled on hot chocolate or vanilla ice cream.
Related Post: Best Food Storage Containers
How to Store Brownies
After making brownies you need to make sure that you give them time to cool totally before you store them. Simply store your delicious brownies, if there are any left when they come out of the oven, in an airtight container in a cool place. You can even try keeping your brownies soft by adding slices of apple to the container. You are able to store your brownies in the refrigerator in their baking tray if you cover it over with foil for up to 3 days. Brownies can also be popped into plastic freezer bags and then put in your freezer. They will remain good for up to three months. If you wrap up your brownies individually it makes them easier to pull out of the freezer when you want a little treat, or for when friends drop by unexpectedly.
The best brownies are supposed to be gooey in the middle and taste delicious. All you need to do is perfect the recipe and understand when it is time to take your brownies from your oven at the right time. With patience and lots of fun attempts, it is easy to learn how to make the best brownies in the world.