There is a sweetness that chocolate fountains add to any gathering that you just cannot deny. It also makes you look very sophisticated and is sure to leave a long-lasting impression in the minds of your guests. But finding the right chocolate fountain can be a daunting task, from selecting a functional one to deciding how many tiers you want. There are a lot of fountains to choose from, but here are some of the best ones available and how they work. This will surely help you to select the best chocolate fountain that is fit for your purpose.
The Best Chocolate Fountain
First on the list is the Nostalgia Chocolate Fountain, which has the features you need to have a delightful gathering. It is designed to bring a lot of fun to the party, whether it’s a birthday party, baby shower or wedding. It is versatile, and you can use it for other sauces aside chocolate, for example, ranch, BBQ sauce, nacho cheese, among others. Not only does it function wonderfully, but it also has an elegant look, which will impress guests.
It consists of a bowl made with stainless steel sitting on a motor with four tiers on top of it. The bowl when heated provides a smooth flow of the liquid, so the dip is consistent. It is an auger-style fountain, meaning that it does not come with a pump, and this helps with the continuous flow of liquid. The tier on top is smaller than the one beneath to make the appliance look like a pyramid, and the cascading effect the fountain gives when functioning will make any table look classy and luxurious. The parts of this fountain are detachable, so setting it up and cleaning up afterward is easy. The style and function of this fountain make it an ideal gift idea for anyone.
Stainless steel heated bowl
Comes with legs for stability
- Weight 4.75 pounds
Another amazing fountain is the Wilton Chocolate Pro Fountain, which has some impressive features. It is the go-to for any gathering and will definitely bring in the fun. This fountain will add a touch of class to your dessert and give the dinner table the sweetness it needs. It comes with a unique bowl that keeps the chocolate in a fluid state and keeps it flowing.
It also has three canopies that are evenly and perfectly spaced to make dipping a pleasure. The canopies are attached to a center tube which can easily be detached from the rest of the fountain and cleaned. Overall, the fountain measures 16 inches tall and stands on adjustable feet for stability. It is also equipped with a bubble level to help you know whether it is on a level surface or not. This fountain can hold four pounds of chocolate, and so it will satisfy all your guests. It comes with an electrical unit with which it operates effectively and has a brown color to match that of the chocolate, making messes less visible. Your guests will have a fun time dipping into the chocolate with this fountain on the dinner table.
16 inches tall
Has adjustable feet
Can hold four pounds of chocolate
Dishwasher safe removable parts
- Model 2104-9008
- Weight 5.25 pounds
Another fountain you will be happy to get is the Nostalgia CFF965 24-Ounce Chocolate Fondue Fountain. This a convenient appliance that gives you the extra class that you need to impress your guests. It’s versatile and can work with other sauces like ranch, nacho cheese, and liqueurs, and your strawberries, wings and vegetables will never be the same anymore.
It consists of three canopies of different sizes, a center tube, a spiral tower, and the motor. Apart from the engine or motor, all the other parts are detachable and easy to clean and assemble. The three canopies are transparent and form the three tiers of the fountain which attach to the center tube with the spiral part in it. These parts fit perfectly on the motor, which has a metal bowl on it with a 24-pound chocolate capacity. All the parts also work together to give a cascading effect that is just beautiful to look at. If you want a consistent flow of chocolate at any get-together, then this fountain is the one for you. The fountain also operates auger-style, that is, without a pump but still works as good as if it did. Because of its stainless look, this appliance is easy to clean and will make an excellent gift for any chocolate lover.
Three transparent canopies
Stainless steel spiral tower
Canopies have different sizes
- Weight 2.8 pounds
If you want to take your chocolate game up a notch, the Sephra Elite Chocolate Fountain is the one to do it with. Like the name says, you will have an elite experience with the snack once you have this fountain in your home. It is considered the best chocolate fountain machine for the home because it is simple to operate and does not leave much of a mess. The Sephra chocolate fountain machine stands at 19 inches tall and will be hard to miss in any room.
This height is a result of the motor and three tiers of canopies to make a beautiful fountain. The engine is equipped with the power, start and stop buttons, heat regulator button as well as light indicators for the various temperatures. The temperature settings include off, low, medium and high and so you can make hot or cold fondues depending on your preference. The fountain needs at least four pounds of chocolate to function and can hold up to six pounds, which can satisfy 40 to 50 guests. Apart from the removable parts like the canopies and center tube, the fountain also has a removable stainless steel bowl on the engine. The detachable nature of the components of the fountain makes it easy to clean after any events, be it a wedding or baby shower. The motor is WhisperQuiet, and the parts of the fountain are dishwasher safe and food-grade so that your health will not be compromised.
19 inches tall
Stainless steel bowl
- Model CF18M-SST
- Weight 10.9 pounds
The Nostalgia CFF1000 Stainless Steel Cascading Fondue Fountain is a unique one and has a different design from the others. It comes with engineering that makes it look stylish and classy. This appliance gives a whole new meaning to dipping in chocolate. It features a stainless steel bowl that keeps the chocolate in liquid form and consistently flowing.
It also has a motor that features the heat settings and tiers that are easy to assemble. The fountain can hold two pounds of chocolate and other fluids like cheese and barbecue sauce. It operates auger-style, which allows the fountain to give off a smooth look and feel.
Stainless steel heated bowl
The motor has a heat setting
Has four easy to assemble cascading tiers
- Weight 5 pounds
Best Chocolate Fountain Buying Guide & FAQ
Things to Consider Before Buying a Chocolate Fountain
- Material: Chocolate fountains have a lot of different parts, and so it is useful to have different elements to perform various tasks. For the tiers plastic is mostly used in building them because not much work is involved in that area. The tiers are a channel for the chocolate or sauce to flow and plastic can handle the contact. The center tube to which the levels are attached to is usually also built with plastic for the same purpose. There is the heated bowl that keeps the chocolate in liquid form, which is mostly constructed using stainless steel. Stainless steel is an excellent conductor of temperature, and so it is perfect for this role. It is also resistant to most conditions and will still be intact even after prolonged use.
- Easy to clean: For a chocolate fountain to be easy to clean, the design must support the accessibility of all parts of the device. A fountain with removable parts is one of the easiest to clean since all the pieces are accessible. Most of them are dishwasher safe and allow you to have them neat in no time for the next use. The importance of being able to clean a chocolate fountain is that it keeps the appliance hygienic and prevents any growth of bacteria and other harmful organisms.
- Motor: The motor is the powerhouse of the machine and should have features that allow you to be creative with chocolate. Fountains have their power switch on the engine, which will enable you to control it. An advantage is when the fountain also has a wide range of temperature settings to help the user customize their experience. Light indicators are also useful in giving the user information so that there are fewer chances of accidents. The fountains with motors that come with adjustable legs are suitable because they allow you to have stability when using the device. Also, choose a motor that is quiet so that you and your guests will have a good time void of noisy distractions.
- Capacity: This will depend on how many guests you want to engage and how long you’ll engage them. Four pounds of chocolate can serve 25 to 35 guests, while six pounds will cater to 40 to 50 guests. If you usually have people over, then a bigger capacity will work for you, but if not, then you are better off with a small one.
Benefits of Owning Your Own Chocolate Fondue Fountain
First of all, owning your own hot chocolate fountain means that you can always have it ready whoever you want it and your guests will not be kept waiting. Also, they are unique Centerpieces that will intrigue, entertain and impress your guests whether young or old. You will have full control over what your fountain produces, and your guests can also have as much as they want. They also give your home a great smell that can whet an appetite even more.
How to Use a Chocolate Fountain
- The first step will be to fit the parts together after they have been washed thoroughly with warm soapy water and air-dried.
- Next is to fix the auger tube with the base, making sure it is upright and straight.
- You can then include the tiers by starting with the largest and the bottom and continuing in that order. Levels are designed like bowls and should be upside down so that they don’t hold any chocolate while the fountain is working.
- Next, put the auger, which is the spiral part of the fountain into the tube. Twist it until you feel a resistance. When it is secure, you then cover the tube with the crown.
- After that, plug in the fountain to test if it works.
- Get the chocolate you’ll use for the fountain and melt it some hours before your gathering so that it’s still warm by the time the guests arrive.
- Pour the chocolate at the bottom of the fountain into the heated bowl and voila!
Best Chocolate Fountain FAQ:
Q: Where is the best spot to set up my chocolate fountain?
A: Keep the fountain in an area where it will not be moved too much but is still accessible. It should be close to a switch so that it is powered throughout the event.
Q: Can I use a chocolate fountain outdoors?
A: It is not advisable to use a chocolate fountain outdoors because of factors like the wind. It can be very messy and stressful and will deprive you and your guests of a good time.
Q: Does my fountain need special chocolate?
A: You can use any kind of chocolate in a fountain however, some types will work better. Couverture chocolate has components like cocoa butter, which tastes better and runs smoother and silkier in a fountain.
Q: How do I clean a fountain?
A: The first step is to disassemble the device and put the dishwasher safe parts in the dishwasher. When the chocolate cools, it can harden and become more challenging to clean and so you can use a hairdryer or keep the fountain on for some time to re-melt the chocolate.
Our Top Pick
The Nostalgia Chocolate Fountain is our top choice for the best chocolate fountain because of its remarkable features. The four tiers and two-pound capacity make it ideal for home use while the auger design makes it work smoothly. The design allows it to work not only for chocolate, and you will unleash your inner chef with this device. There will be no room for accidents because of its adjustable legs and you will be glad you got this mini chocolate fountain.