Best Lemonade Recipe: Fresh and Perfect
Lemonade is just so invigorating and timeless which makes it an endless family favorite. And it can be made easily at home with just a few simple ingredients. Once your family have tried a homemade lemonade recipe, it will become a well-loved refreshment in your home for years to come.
Fresh Lemonade Recipe
To produce any homemade lemonade recipe, you require just a few simple ingredients:
- Lemon juice: A fresh juice will make all the difference in a fresh squeezed lemonade recipe and it will provide you with a great glass of lemonade. To enable the lemon juicing procedure to go quicker, it is recommended that you think about investing in a high-quality citrus juicer for making lemonade much simpler. 5 large lemons will give you one cup of lemon juice. But the juiciness of lemons can differ extensively, so a few extra lemons may be needed just in case. Also add the zest of lemons for extra tartness.
- Sugar: A good recipe for lemonade usually includes a sweetener. You can sweeten lemonade with more than just sugar, you can use maple syrup and stir it directly into a mix or boil a simple syrup of your own to add your own flavor to make a delicious lemonade. Honey is also a wonderful natural sweetener which you add with equal parts of water to your lemonade. To make any simple syrup, use a small saucepan and heat and stir until everything is dissolved.
- Water: Fresh lemonade is made using lots of cold water, particularly if you intend on serving your lemonade straight away. This means that it will quench your thirst and the lemonade that you will create will be chilled and hydrating.
The Best Lemonade Recipe
This homemade lemonade recipe is organically sweetened with maple syrup and is effortlessly adjustable to make it taste as sweet as you wish.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 cups cold sparkling water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup to taste
- By hand or by using a machine, squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl. Then strain the fresh lemon juice by hand and discard the seeds.
- Add the maple syrup and water to the juice and stir until combined.
- Taste and make any changes until it tastes just right. Add extra lemon juice if you require your final lemonade recipe to have tartness, or extra maple syrup for added sweetness.
- Most fresh squeezed lemonade recipes are best served over ice garnished with an optional extra lemon slice.
- Refrigerate your homemade lemonade recipe in an airtight pitcher for around a week.
Extras For Your Recipe For Lemonade
When you want to make the best homemade lemonade recipe sometimes you may want to experiment with the ingredients:
- Sweeten homemade lemonade with honey. You can make a fast honey syrup just using water to dissolve it consistently into your lemonade. To make this, blend equal parts of honey and water together in a pan, bring to a simmer, and wait until the honey is dissolved. Add this honey syrup to the freshly squeezed lemon juice mixture to taste.
- Make your lemonade spicy. You can stir in a good pinch of cayenne pepper to give your next lemonade recipe a big kick.
- Sweeten with fruit sugar. When you are intending to make traditional lemonade usually this is made with either granulated sugar or natural brown sugar. You will have to make a syrup in the normal way to add into the lemonade. Add this sugar syrup to the lemon juice to make your final lemonade.
- Add some fresh herbs. Make it even better for you to drink by stirring in a few sprigs of herb. Into your pitcher of lemonade, you could any type of herb you wish from mint to rosemary.
- Make your homemade lemonade sparkle and fizz. Add some fun to the mix by making sparkling lemonade by using sparkling water as an alternative to still water.
- Create lavender lemonade. When making your sugar syrup you could add some fresh lavender and simmer for around 5 minutes and strain. Add the resulting syrup to your fresh lemon juice to make a delicious lavender lemonade.
- Pink lemonade: Usually, pink lemonade is made using red berries such as strawberries or raspberries which have been puréed. Simply stir them in then with water and the fresh lemon juice. Lemon juice and pink juice should be added in equal measures but do experiment to find the flavor you like.
- Make limeade. It is easy to make a homemade limeade by simply substituting lemons for fresh lime juice and tweak the amount of sugat to taste.
- Make alcoholic lemonade: For an adult party try making some homemade boozy lemonade using vodka or gin for a fun event.