Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
Buffalo chicken wings are a much sought after snack at all sorts of events or they can even be served up as part of a wholesome family dinner. However, while they are delicious and tasty, they are not always thought of as being easy to make. This is why people often prefer to make buffalo chicken dip as it is quick and effortless, and you can store large batches of it in your fridge for later. All that is required to make a dip is to gather a few store cupboard ingredients together, poach some chicken breasts and then allow your oven to do all of the hard work. You will find it easy to make a gloopy and cheesy chicken dip which has lots of buffalo taste. Below is the best buffalo chicken dip recipe that you can make within an hour.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is a much-loved classic that has a number of layers, lots of taste and comes from only a small number of quality ingredients. All you really need is chicken, your favorite hot sauce, cream cheese and loads and loads of shredded cheese.
Preparation time:10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 shredded chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ bottle hot sauce
- ½ bottle ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Poach your chicken breasts by placing them in water over a medium heat on the stove until they become tender.
- Shred poached chicken once cooked between 2 forks when it has cooled a little but while the chicken is warm.
- Combine the chicken with hot sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Preheat your oven.
- In a pan, mix together the ranch dressing and cream cheese until the mix is totally melted. Transfer the mix to the baking dish pouring over all of the chicken.
- Shake shredded cheese over the top.
- Place the dish in the oven uncovered and leave to bake for 40 minutes. When it is ready it will be bubbling on top.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Best Hot Sauces For Buffalo Dip
More often than not the best hot sauce is the one that you have sitting in your refrigerator waiting to be used. Many of us have a bottle of hot sauce that is kept in the fridge to use for all sorts of occasions. Or you can use that extra hot sauce bottle that you have sitting in your pantry. The most common hot sauce used in most buffalo chicken dip recipes is Frank’s Red-Hot sauce. This is because it provides the dip with a thicker consistency and lots of heat to make your dip taste full of flavor. Nonetheless the magic of this dip is that you can add whatever suits your taste buds.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
Buffalo chicken dip is relatively easy to make, and it is virtually impossible to get it wrong if you follow the basic recipe. But if you want to make your chicken wing dip even easier to create, then you can make it in your slow cooker. Just stir together poach chicken breasts, cream cheese, shredded cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing and some blue cheese together in your pot and cook on high for 6 hours. Simple and easy with very little preparation or washing up to do.
Tips To Making The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Always grate your cheese. Freshly shredded cheese constantly brings the dip together much better than if you use pre-shredded cheese which you can buy in bags from the store.
- Layering your dip. A layered dip gives you an extra special surprise, but you may just want to mix all of the ingredients together and just bake.
- Using canned chicken. Shredded poached shredded chicken will undoubtedly make a luxurious buffalo chicken dip. For convenience many people choose to use canned chicken, but when mixing this chicken in with everything else, it can tend to break apart.
- Using ranch dressing. Not everybody loves ranch dressing so to give your dip a richer more distinctive flavor. Swap ranch dressing entirely for blue cheese or you can go half and half.
- Top with extra shredded cheese straight out of the oven and sprinkle with finely cut scallions for added creamy flavor.
Related Post: Best Box Grater
Reheating Buffalo Chicken Dip
One of the best things about making this dip is that you are able to make it ahead of time and then reheat it when you need to use it again. Once you have combined all of the ingredients and cooked them through, you allow it to cool before putting it into an airtight container. Then you can refrigerate your buffalo chicken dip for around 3 days. As soon as you are ready to heat it up again, preheat your oven, place your dip into a dish, and bake for 20 minutes or until warm throughout. You can also reheat your leftover dip in your microwave for a few minutes. It is not recommended that you freeze your leftover dip as when it is heated up again from frozen, the cheesy creamy texture is lost.
Related Post: Best Food Storage Containers
How To Eat Buffalo Chicken Dip
This dip is extremely versatile, and you will find lots of reasons to keep returning to your refrigerator to use it up. This dip goes perfect with any chips, crackers and freshly chopped up vegetables making it a perfect ‘in front of the TV snack’ when the big game is on. Celery and carrot sticks work the best with buffalo chicken dip. It is also a perfect sauce for other kinds of meat, not just chicken, and it goes especially well with pork. For a quick and easy way to eat your dip you can also just spread it on crusty French bread.
So, because it is really cheesy and deliciously creamy, buffalo chicken dip without any difficulty qualifies as one of the most popular snack foods. And it is produced with basic ingredients that you probably already have. It is obvious why this tasty dip disappears as quickly as it is made.