Carrot Soup Recipe
Adding a touch of that homey flavor to a meal can turn everything around so easily. What better way to do this than by adding a creamy carrot soup? Soups are integral part of a full meal because of that texture and taste element they bring introducing flavor to our pallet without being 100% solid or 100% liquid depending on the certain soup you wish to pair your meal with. Carrot soup is a great option for those who prefer a vegetable side dish as to the usual meaty broth side. If the protein in your meal seems pretty heavy, the best way to balance it out is by adding a vegetable soup.
Carrots are great for the eyes and rank quite high on the list of healthy vegetables. But according to some people, they rank quite low when it comes to taste. This is exactly why introducing carrots in a fun and flavorful way is absolutely necessary. Especially with kids, not every kid likes the taste of plain carrots. This creamy carrot soup recipe is a delightful play on this complicated vegetable.
What are the things we need to get ready? It’s a good thing creamy carrot soup isn’t that hard to make and the best carrot soup recipe is actually a vegan carrot soup recipe. Here are the ingredients needed to start off:
- 8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 8 cloves garlic sliced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots sliced
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
This recipe serves 6 which gives quite the allowance to extended participating people in the meal but should you find the need to increase servings, make sure to increase your ingredients altogether and not just the vegetable broth or the cream.
- Take a saucepan that you think can hold all of the ingredients. Put the fire over medium heat and melt the butter. Watch out and make sure the butter doesn’t burn because it may alter the flavor in ways you wouldn’t enjoy.
- Since your shallots and onions should already be prepared beforehand, don’t be afraid to toss them in and gently saute for about 5 minutes. This is the part where you add the salt but try not to add too much as everything can still be adjusted later on.
- Now it’s time to add the garlic and the Thai red curry paste to the mix. The Thai red curry mix is the secret to bringing out a richer flavor and what makes your creamy carrot soup recipe the best carrot soup recipe there is. Saute for one to two minutes just enough to release those flavors.
- Now it’s time for the star of the show, the carrots! Put in the carrots first and slowly pour the vegetable stock into the mix. Chicken stock is acceptable but you may want to try out vegetable stock for that rich vegetable flavor! Bring to a boil and gradually reduce the heat. Continue to simmer until you find the carrots to be quite soft. This may take about 20 minutes.
- At this step, prepare a hand blender or a food processor because it is time to puree the soup. You can either put everything together or do it in batches. Whichever works best for you.
- Once you’ve pureed your soup, return to low heat and start to add your heavy cream. Finally, back to the salt, watch out for that perfect flavor and be the judge as to how much salt you want to add to the mix.
- Lastly, hold your soup quite warm and start to serve. Keep the heat constant if you are trying to save a little bit of soup for later on.
These are the few easy steps that teach you how to make carrot soup. Not everybody enjoys carrots but the good thing is that most people enjoy creamy soups.
Should you find the results lacking a certain dash of aesthetic, there are a few daring ways to elevate this creamy carrot soup even more! People say that presentation is definitely part of the meal itself and we couldn’t agree more, here are some ways to take your carrot soup to the next level.
- Add garnish to your soup. Although this might seem like just a simple touch to the entirety of this recipe, do not underestimate what a simple addition of garnish can do to your dish as a whole. Some people want to go straight into the taste of the soup while others take the time to actually appreciate the looks of it. Add minced spring onions to make for an interesting contrast of colors.
- Add herbs. Fresh ones may be too powerful so you have to be careful with them. A leaf of fresh basil or peppermint or coriander is a great way to show how seriously you take your creamy carrot soup. Adding another layer of flavor to your already flavorful soup can seem quite much but that really depends on your preference. Some people like to take the flavors quite to the extreme and if you are one of those people, adding herbs might be the right thing for you to do.
- Last but not the least, add more cream. Some people would argue that the creamier the better and but this is debatable. And if you’re someone who appreciates a rich creamy goodness, adding a little more cream might just be the right action for you
- A bonus technique you might want to try if you are really into tropical flavors would be elevating your carrot soup with coconut milk. Coconut milk definitely tastes different from regular milk or heavy cream which is why it is an interesting addition to your creamy carrot soup. Who knows, maybe because of your uniqueness, this might just be the best carrot soup recipe ever.
There are so many things you can do to give this humble recipe a twist. This is what makes it great. It’s definitely a soup that is open for interpretation.