Easy Cauliflower Curry Recipe
Who doesn’t love healthy, delicious, nutritious, and tasty food? If you’re looking for a diet that suits your curry taste and still adds flavor to your favorite rice dishes, these great recipes will serve you well. They are simple and easy to prepare, low in carbs, and do not require more than 40 minutes to cook.
With a tasty Indian feel, this is one way of adding more vegetables to your diet and still enjoying it. It is sumptuous with rice, quinoa, or naan. Cauliflower is a vegetable that is good for the body as it provides many nutrients. If you’re curious to try out a recipe using this vegetable, these easy cauliflower curry recipes are just for you.
Vegan Cauliflower Curry Recipe
Here’s a vegan cauliflower recipe which everyone can enjoy!
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- A tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups of cauliflower
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- Curry powder
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Water or coconut milk (to your preference)
- Diced tomatoes
- One green bell pepper
- Basil/ cilantro for garnishing
- A pint of salt to taste
- ½ a spoon of pepper
Related Post: Best Pepper Mills
- Prep your cauliflower. Sometimes, your cauliflower may be harboring certain insects. To avoid having these in your meal, give your cauliflower a thorough wash. You can also blanch it into slightly hot water to get rid of them.
- Chop the cauliflower into sizeable florets to your taste.
- Have the oil and butter heated in a pan till hot
- Add to your oil, the curry powder. This would bring some flavor to your dish.
- Follow up by adding the finger and garlic paste and get till you get the rawness out. Remember to fry on a low heat so that your food doesn’t get burnt.
- Add some onions and fry until golden brown. At such a point, you can also add your carrots and fry.
- Next, add your tomatoes and bell peppers and continue frying. Do so until you see you see your tomatoes almost out of moisture.
- Then pour in your coconut milk, stir and let it simmer for a while
- Add some salt and pepper to make it tasty.
- If you love peas, you can add the green peas and let it cook for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Garnish with basil or cilantro
- Serve over a bowl of rice, naan or quinoa.
Spicy Cauliflower Curry Recipe
There are different ways of making that delicious cauliflower curry you love. If you fancy being creative and love spicy curry, then you would absolutely enjoy making this recipe.
- Three tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of cut cauliflower
- Two red bell peppers
- One large onion
- One tablespoon of curry powder
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric
- One spoonful of grated ginger
- One spoonful of finely chopped garlic
- One tablespoon of cumin
- A cup of chopped tomatoes
- One green Chili pepper
- Kosher salt
- A cup of Coconut milk
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat until hot. Add up your chopped onions and grimy until golden brown.
- Next, add your ginger, garlic, cumin, curry powder, and continue frying for about a minute.
- Add your tomatoes and peppers along with some salt and pepper to taste.
- Add in the coconut milk and lemon juice and continue cooking for about 15 minutes
- Next, add the cauliflower and cook for about 30 minutes. Don’t forget to stir occasionally.
- Serve hot with naan or a plate of basmati rice.
Bonus Recipe: Cauliflower Potatoes Curry
We couldn’t resist throwing in one final simple and delicious cauliflower curry recipe. For all those potato lovers out there, this one’s for you.
- Heat up the oil in a saucepan and add your vegetables together with spices
- Cook over medium heat until almost well done. Remember to sprinkle some salt and pepper for a good taste.
- Add your coconut milk and cook. This enhances the aroma as well as the taste of the recipe.
- Next, add the cauliflower and potatoes. For 30 minutes, cook over a covered lid and under medium to low heat.
- Sprinkle some coriander and serve.
If you are truly a creative cook, cauliflower curry recipes will become a firm favorite. This is because this recipe allows you to stretch your imagination and incorporate a wide variety of spices, vegetables and other ingredients. If you desire for a healthy diet you may want to prepare these recipes at least twice a week. If you are after a new dinner party recipe, these will definitely leave a smile on the faces of your guests!
- These Cauliflower Recipes Taste Nothing Like Your Sad Diet Food – HuffPost
- Cauliflower & Potato Curry Recipe – BBC Good Food