Coming up with a nutritious meal for the whole family doesn’t need to be that difficult. One of the easiest main ingredients to work with is chicken. It’s rich in proteins and can be a very healthy option, too for those who are quite conscious about their figures and the numbers on the bathroom scale. And while there are literally hundreds of chicken recipes out there, we’re here to give you a number of chicken dinner ideas that are very easy to make and are guaranteed to turn you into a master chef in the eyes of your loved ones.
Lemon Pepper Chicken
Loaded with the antioxidant richness of lemons, this dish will change the way you look at the otherwise bland and boring chicken breast. Sure, this part of the chicken has always been equated with those who are very conscious about loading unnecessary fat in their bodies, but this dish is guaranteed to never bore your palate. In fact, it will transform you from one who detests chicken breast to one who absolutely adores it. The Lemon Pepper Chicken is one of those easy healthy chicken recipes that are so deliciously good you’ll never believe how nutritious it is.
1 lb. of skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into half
2 medium-sized lemons, cut into 2
2 cloves of garlic that have been minced
½ cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
2 tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon of lemon-pepper seasoning
½ cup of chicken broth
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Parsley, freshly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine the flour, salt, lemon pepper seasoning, and the zest of 1 lemon in a bowl and whisk it thoroughly.
- Evenly coat the chicken breasts with the flour mixture.
- Slice the lemons into thin rounds.
- Put an ovenproof skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium high.
- Add the olive oil and wait for it to become hot.
- Place the flour-coated chicken breasts into the oil and shallow fry until the bottom of the chicken turns golden brown. Flip the chicken breast and continue cooking the other side.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, lemon slices, garlic, and butter. Remove from the stove and put the skillet inside the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes or until the sauce has been reduced.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and spoon some of the sauce over the chicken.
- Top off with freshly chopped parsley or serve as is.
Related Post: Best Frying Pans
If you’re looking for a really quick and easy chicken recipe that you can accomplish in 20 minutes, then the Quickie Chickie is for you. The good thing about these types of quick and easy chicken recipes is that you can use just about any part of the chicken. You can use the breasts, the thighs, the wings, and even the drumsticks. And if you’re feeling very lucky, you might even want to ask your butcher to save you the chicken neck, feet, and even chicken back. The important thing here is to observe the cooking times for such parts of the chicken. While you can use virtually any part of the chicken, one thing is an absolute must for this recipe. Only fresh basil should be used so that you’ll be able to enjoy that unique burst of flavors that can only come from fresh herbs.
6 ounces of your chosen part of chicken, sliced into strips
2 tablespoons of fresh basil, chopped
2 teaspoons of olive oil
¼ teaspoon of salt
1 and ½ teaspoons of honey
1/8 teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground
1 and ½ teaspoon of balsamic vinegar (you can add more if you like)
- Season the chicken slices or strip with salt and pepper.
- Put a nonstick skillet on your stove and turn the heat to medium high.
- Heat the olive oil. Put the chicken strip and stir for about 3 to 5 minutes or until you don’t see pink in the center of the chicken.
- Put the remaining ingredients into the skillet and cook for an additional minute.
Quickie Chicken Casserole
If you’ve got leftover chicken, the Quickie Chicken Casserole is a great dish to try. It’s one of those quick and easy chicken casserole recipes that can be prepared well ahead of time. If you don’t have leftover chicken, you can easily prepare the poultry ingredient by boiling it well ahead of time. It’s got the antioxidants found in mushroom as well as the velvety richness of creamy chicken soup; although the mushroom is largely optional. We strongly recommend putting it into the dish so you will have more complex flavors that will be bursting in your mouth. It’s a soul food that not only adults will love, but also children.
4 pieces of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless (you can also use any leftover chicken parts if you wish)
1 can of cream of chicken soup, condensed and about 10.75 oz.
1 cup of sour cream
32 pieces of buttery crackers, preferably round
¼ cup of roughly chopped mushrooms
¼ cup of chopped onions
- Get the oven heated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil water in a pot and put the chicken pieces once the water has started to boil. Cook the chicken for about 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain the water and chop the chicken into bite sized portions. If you have cooked leftover chicken, you can use this instead.
- Get a baking dish and put the chicken in.
- Combine the creamy chicken soup and sour cream in a bowl. You can also add the chopped mushrooms and onions if you like (we implore you to try adding these ingredients).
- Pour the creamy mixture over the chicken and finish off with the crumbled buttery crackers on top.
- Get an aluminum foil and use this to cover the baking dish. Bake for half an hour. Alternatively, you can opt not to bake it at this time. Instead, store it in the freezer. When you’re ready to have this chicken casserole, then you can simply bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Easy Baked Chicken Breasts
Why is it that conventional baked chicken recipes always turn out dry and bland especially when working with chicken breasts? Well, there are many reasons why that baked goodie you were hoping to delight your family with turned into a disaster. But we’re not going into details. What we are going to share with you, however, is one of the easiest and most efficient ways to make sure that the next baked chicken dish you will ever serve to your family is not only tender and juicy but also very flavorful. Your family will be flabbergasted as to how you were able to turn a perennially dry chicken dish into one that is worthy of a place on Wolfgang Puck’s menu. Best of all, you’ll have the most tender, most flavorful, and juiciest baked chicken breasts in under half an hour.
4 pieces of chicken breasts, skinless, boneless, and lightly pounded for even thickness
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoon black pepper,
1 teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of onion powder
½ teaspoon of garlic powder
½ teaspoon of chili powder
- Get the oven preheated to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a baking dish and pour the olive oil in it. Coat the chicken pieces in olive oil and lay them flat on the dish.
- Get a small bowl and put the rest of the ingredients in. Mix well, sprinkle over the chicken pieces, and thoroughly rub the seasoning into the chicken.
- Put the baking dish into the oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. This may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken slices. What you want is an internal temperature of about 160 to 170 degrees or until the juices that come out from the chicken are clear.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Get an aluminum foil and use it to cover the dish.
- Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before you start slicing. This should allow the juices to settle.
- Serve and enjoy.
Related Post: Best Cast Iron Pans
Coconut Curry Chicken
One of the things that people hate about cooking certain dishes is that there are way too many ingredients. Well, this dish is one of those easy chicken recipes for dinner with few ingredients. As a matter of fact, you can count the number of ingredients used in this recipe with the fingers in one hand. But don’t be fooled by the small number of ingredients as we can guarantee this Coconut Curry Chicken recipe is going to blow you away. It’s a great dish that is best served with your favorite chutney. And in case you’ve been craving for that classic Indian curry dish, then this is going to be a great alternative.
4 pieces of skinless and boneless chicken breasts cut in halves
1 cup of shredded dried coconut (you can go for sweetened if you like a sweet version of the recipe; unsweetened if you don’t)
3 tablespoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons of curry powder
Salt to taste
- Get the oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the chicken pieces and pat dry. It is important that there’s no excess moisture on the surface of the chicken.
- Get a baking dish and pour the melted butter into it.
- Combine the dried coconut and the curry powder in a wide but shallow bowl.
- Coat a piece of chicken with the melted butter and roll in the coconut curry mixture.
- Place the coconut curry-covered chicken slice in the baking dish.
- Repeat with the remaining pieces of chicken, making sure they do not touch each other in the baking dish.
- If there is any remaining coconut curry mixture you can sprinkle and pat this on top of the chicken pieces.
- Top off with salt.
- Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken is no longer colored pink in the center.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite chutney.
Spicy Basil Chicken
Most of us come home from work feeling so tired that all we want is to lie down and call it a day. Some of us might even grab a quick bite before heading home. Time is something that most of us simply don’t have such that we can no longer prepare delicious meals for our families. But what if we can create fast and easy chicken recipes that we can finish in under 20 minutes? Now wouldn’t that be amazing? We thought so, too. That’s why we are sharing this Spicy Basil Chicken recipe that you can complete in just 19 minutes. Here’s the thing. There are certain ingredients that may be a bit more challenging to source. For example, most fish sauces can only be bought from certain Asian groceries. You can substitute a low-sodium soy sauce if you cannot find one. Additionally, if you cannot tolerate the heat in this dish, you can substitute the sambal ulek with jalapeno or even Thai bird chilies. Of course, you can always choose not to put any chilies at all for a milder version of the dish.
6 pieces of boneless and skinless chicken thighs that have been cut into 1-inch sizes
2 tablespoons of canola oil
3 cloves of garlic that have been sliced thinly
¼ cup of shallots, minced
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon of fish sauce (if you don’t have fish sauce, low-sodium soy sauce may be used)
1 and ¼ teaspoons of sambal ulek (chili garlic paste) or thinly-sliced jalapenos or Thai bird chilies
2 teaspoons of sugar
½ teaspoon of cornstarch
1 teaspoon of plain water
1/3 cup of fresh chopped basil leave
1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Place a nonstick skillet on the stove and turn on the heat to medium high.
- When the skillet is hot enough, add the canola oil. Lift the pan and swirl it to coat the surface of the pan.
- Put in the garlic and the shallots and sauté for about 30 seconds.
- Put the chicken slices into the pan, stirring occasionally, and cook for about 13 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the fish sauce, sugar, sambal ulek, water, salt, and cornstarch. Whisk it well to combine the ingredients.
- Pour the fish sauce mixture into the pan, stir, and cook through for about a minute. Make sure that the chicken is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Remove the skillet from the stove and stir in the freshly chopped basil.
- Serve with brown rice or with sautéed peppers and snow peas.
Related Post: Best Whisks
One of the best chicken dinner ideas that are very easy and quick to make is this Butter Chicken recipe. Our suggestion is to make more than enough spice mix and store it in a glass jar. You can then keep it in your cupboard or even in your spice rack so you will have an instant spice mix that you can use anytime you crave for such a delicacy. But even if you don’t prepare the spice mix well in advance, this dish will still be ready at the dinner table in half an hour. It’s a savory dish and one that is guaranteed to be an instant hit every time you serve it on the dining table.
2 pieces of large boneless and skinless chicken breasts (you can use other meaty parts of the chicken, but it may lengthen the cooking time), sliced into bite-sized chunks
1 ounce of butter
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 piece of onion, chopped
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 teaspoon of grated turmeric
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of tomato paste
½ teaspoon of garam masala
¾ cup of fresh cream
- Combine ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, chili powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Put the chicken into bowl and toss. Make sure that every piece of chicken is well coated with the spice mixture.
- Put a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Put the butter in the pan and sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Sauté the spiced chicken in the garlic butter onion. Make sure that each side of the chicken pieces turns a golden brown.
- Pour the fresh cream and the tomato paste. Stir so that the paste and cream will coat the chicken pieces and blend well with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer until the chicken has been cooked through. This should take about 10 minutes or so, depending on how large the chicken pieces are or the part of chicken that you used.
- Before removing from the heat, sprinkle the dish with garam masala.
- Give the dish a really quick stir.
- Serve hot.
Your dinners should never be dull and boring. Preparing fantastic, delicious, and nutritious meals for the entire family should never be a hassle, either. These easy healthy chicken recipes that we have shared with you should make for more interesting dinners.
Related Post: Best Nonstick Cookware
- How to Cook Chicken – HowStuffWorks
- 13 Healthy Chicken Recipes That’ll Make Dinner A Breeze – HuffPost Life