Fried Ice Cream Recipe
Desserts may not be as important as the main meal, but there are some desserts that can turn any dinner time into an unforgettable moment. Sometimes, watching the faces of your family or friends light up with delight as they dig into a dessert you have made, will fill you so much pride and satisfaction. There are days when you may be tempted to pull off a sophisticated dessert recipe. There may be days also when you may prefer something simple and easy to make. Fried ice cream dessert falls perfectly in between. It may sound and look complicated, but it is surprisingly easy to pull off. In this article, you will realize that it does not take a professional chef to make a delicious fried ice dessert as we teach you how to make this easy dessert by yourself in the comfort of your kitchen (if kitchens are comfortable, that is). If you are ready for this creamy journey, let’s go!
What Is Fried Ice Cream?
First of all, what is fried ice cream? If this is the first time you are hearing about this creamy delight, you may be wondering what on earth it is. Chances are that the first thought that runs through your mind will be a typical ice cream cone frying in some oil. That does not make sense, does it? Is it even possible to fry ice? Well, it does make sense. And fried ice cream is exactly what its name says. So if you are asking ‘How do you fry ice cream?’ here’s how it’s done in a nutshell. It is made by quickly deep frying a scoop of ice cream. What this gives you is a cold ice cream wrapped in a warm and crispy shell. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? The art and science of frying ice cream have been with us since the late 1800s. It is, therefore, not a recent trend. This dessert recipe is popular Japanese and Chinese restaurants.
How to Make Fried Ice Cream
- Your favorite ice cream flavor
- Two eggs
- Cookies of your choice
- Any wafer of your choice
- Cinnamon sugar, or any sugar of your choice
- Pecans (Any brand of your choice)
- Cornflakes of your choice (This is optional)
- Bread crumbs
- A blender or food processor
- A muffin pan
- Plastic wrap
- Deep fryer
- Spread your thin plastic wrap over your muffin pan and leave enough space to allow your ice cream scoops to settle in the holes. Please be sure that you only use a plastic wrap that is food-safe.
- Next, carefully scoop out your favorite ice cream into neat balls and fill your muffin pan. You are at liberty to scoop as much as you want to make. Please remember that any brand of ice cream in usable. It is all a matter of taste and preference.
- Once done, place your muffin pan of ice cream into your deep freezer and allow it to sit in there overnight, at least. The ice cream balls really need enough time to properly frozen before you can add on your coating.
- While your ice cream freezes in the deep freezer, work on your coating. Since you need your ice cream to freeze though out the night, it is best to start preparing your coating only when you are ready to retrieve the ice cream. Place your dry ingredients (i.e., your cookies, wafers, cornflakes, and pecans) into your blender or food processor and blend the blend separately. Be sure to blend them until they become fine crumbs. Once they are done, mix them together and add your cinnamon sugar. You can skip the cinnamon sugar if you like. After all, there is already enough sugar in this recipe, isn’t there? Now grind your bread crumbs to smoothen them up a little and add it to your crumbs mixture.
- Next, beat your eggs (both egg white and yolks) in a bowl for some time. It does not need to be beaten until smooth.
- That done, get your ice cream from the deep freezer. Carefully remove your first ice cream ball and dip it first into your crumb mixture. Make sure that your ice cream ball is completely covered in the crumbs. Then, carefully dip into your beaten eggs and back into the crumbs mixture one more time. Follow the same procedure for all the ice cream balls. Once all your ice cream balls have been coated and rearranged in the muffin pan, place them back into the deep freezer to freeze overnight again.
- Since the coated ice cream balls need to freeze overnight, you have to wait until you are ready to retrieve them before you prepare your oil. Preheat your oil for a few minutes before you retrieve your ice cream balls. Next, place them gently in the oil and allow them to fry for not more than thirty seconds. Once they are done, remove them and let them dry out on a paper for a few seconds.
- Voila! Your fried ice cream balls are ready. To finish them off, you can drizzle them with a little bit of chocolate syrup. You can also place a tablespoon of whip cream on each of the ice cream balls and crown them with some cherries. You’re done! Your fried ice cream is ready to eat. This is an easy fried ice cream recipe.
Nice and easy, isn’t it? You can impress your family and friends with this exotic looking fried ice cream recipe that is actually very simple to make. Once you get the hang of it, you can go ahead and let your creative juices flow. Try using other flavors for the ice cream and try out other ingredients for the coating a well. Remember that you are at liberty to change any part of the ingredients for this simple recipe to suit you. This is only a simple guide on how to make your own fried ice in the comfort of your home. Now, go ahead and enjoy the fruit of your labor.