Harry Potter Butterbeer Magical Recipe
Ever had the privilege of tasting the popular Harry Potter Butterbeer? Those of us who have already relished the buttery magic will attest to the fact that it is one of the best home-brewed beers ever. But you are warned, this brew can ensnare the senses and bewitch the mind! What’s more, the development of the Butterbeer secret receipt was championed by a couple of guys by the name of Ric Florell and Steve Jayson, and is known to be very sweet and frosty; coming with a flavor that is beyond description, but is best likened to caramel butter cookies. What Florell and Jayson eventually produced is a two-part brew (beverage): sporting some creamy and buttery whipped flavored toppings, in addition to sweet-tasty soda underneath. You only need to have a mouthful to confirm the unforgettable flavorful experience of the Harry Potter Butterbeer. If you are convinced you will love, why not try to re-create one yourself? Read on to get the magical recipe, its sugary, its cold, and buttery at the same time.
Related Post: Whipped Cream Dispensers
How to Make Harry Potter Butterbeer
For the makings of your Harry Potter Butterbeer recipe, the total time required is one hour five minutes, the breakdown of which is; Cook time of one hour and preparation time of five minutes.
Related Post: Beer Mugs
Ingredients Required for Making Harry Potter Butterbear
To accomplish great results with this best Butterbeer recipe, you will have to first gather all the necessary ingredients that are listed below. However, there is always room for alterations for people with different tastes;
- Water – 1 1/3 cups
- Marshmallow crème – 1 cup
- Dream Whip Whipped Topping Mix – 1 envelop
- Sugar – 2 tbsps (in powdered form)
- Salt – 1/8 tsp
- Butter flavoring – ½ tsp, in addition to another ¼ tsp
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp
- Flavoring (this usually comes in the form of caramel extract) – ¼ tsp (Watkins is the obvious choice)
- Cream Soda – 10 to 12-ounce cans (it has to be chilled)
Now with all the ingredients ready, we should remember to include an important tool for the preparation process. The importance of an immersion hand blender in making the perfect Butterbeer cannot be overemphasized.
Instructions for Making Harry Potter
Here is a step by step instruction on how to make Butterbeer; just follow the directions accurately, and you will definitely want to repeat the process for another delicious pitcher of this renowned beer.
- The first ingredients to handle are the cup of water and your marshmallow crème. Get a medium-sized bowl, mix the two together and place it in the microwave. Set the microwave on high and allow it to cook for the next half a minute. Alternatively, if you want to use the microwave, you can simply make use of some warm water directly from the tap. The marshmallow crème should be stirred in the water until it dissolves. Once done with the mixing, allow it to cool in the fridge – important to note that the mixture should be left uncovered.
- The immersion hand blender comes to play at this stage. Your Dream Whip goes into the bowl, and the hand blender is used to mix them together for about half a minute. In the absence of a hand blender, an electric mixer can also suffice. However, you should ensure to mix for only a quarter of a minute with the electric blender.
- For the next 30 seconds, you should be mixing salt and powdered sugar into the bowl – do this until it is well blended.
- The last set of ingredients to go in are the vanilla, the butter, and the caramel flavoring; continue to mix them together till you get an even blend. Now, it is time for refrigerating – be sure to cover the bowl before placing it in the fridge. Allow it to cool for a while until you are ready for the serving.
- When it comes to serving your Butterbeer brew, leave at least half an inch of space towards the brim of the serving mug. The reason behind this is that the bubbling buttery foam of the Butterbeer will overflow if you fail to reserve a space.
- Now for the serving – a 12-ounce mug or glass can suffice; just pour the cream soda inside and proceed to mix the foam with the aid of your blender for the next five seconds. You can continue to mix until large bubbles start to rise on the reserved room at the brim of your mug – this will serve as the toppings
- Each drink should get at least three to four tbsps of the toppings before serving.
Harry Potter Butterbear Variations
Now you have learned the above recipes when it comes to making the Harry Potter Butterbear, it’s very likely you will have your different preferences as well as tastes. However, we just have to agree with the rulings that the traditional recipe is the best, and has been consistent in fronting the Harry Potter Butterbeer as one among the best out there. In fact, many sources have ruled it as the very best; a giant among beers. For this reason, we have no doubt, you will enjoy your final creation. However, you are free to add your own variations.
As was mentioned above, the process and ingredients for the makings of your Harry Potter Butterbeer are not cast on stone; there are a few variations for people whose taste differs from the standard brew. They come thus;
- Some prefer to add some cinnamon alongside the butterscotch topping.
- We still have some whose taste runs to Cayenne (this is equally good).
- In the absence of butter extracts, you can still use the genuine non-salted butter.
Harry Potter Butterbear Nutritional Information
Below is a comprehensive list of the nutritional information for your famous home-brewed Butterbeer.
The drink contains;
- 280cals of Calories.
- 48mg of cholesterol.
- 23g of carbohydrates.
- 17g of fat.
- 23g of sugar.
- 22g of calcium.
- 259g of potassium.
- 8g of protein.