How to Clean Rice Cookers Like a Pro
Your rice cooker is an invaluable small kitchen gadget which makes it speedy and simple to cook rice to precisely the way you need. But as it is a much-used appliance, it needs to be cleaned with lots of care. The tips below will offer you all the advice you need to know about how to clean rice cookers like a pro.
Preparing Your Rice Cooker to be Cleaned
If you wish to keep your rice cooker working for as long as you can then cleaning it after every use is the key. You will need to ensure that you give it plenty of time to cool down before you clean it and make sure that you unplug it. If there are any bits of rice left when you go to use your rice cooker again, these will get baked on which will make trying to clean you cooker much more problematic and may affect the usefulness of your rice cooker.
If you intend to use a cleaning detergent, be aware that you should not allow chemicals to reside inside your hot plate. Finding an alternative to a detergent is actually a better idea so that you evade using it inside the cooker. You can however use a damp cloth to absorb any detergent that unintentionally get into the rice cooker.
You need to dry any surplus moisture that can be found inside your cooker once cleaned and ensure that is absolutely dry when you go to plug it back in
Choose you sponges wisely and try not to use anything to abrasive as you will not want to damage any delicate parts inside your cooker.
Related Post: Best Rice Cookers
Cleaning Different Rice Cooker Elements
- To get a thorough clean, it is most beneficial to clean each part separately. This will help to ensure that your rice cooker looks and works to its full potential. The inner rice pot is removable and can easily be left to completely soak for a while. The best thing to use to do this is simply soap and hot water. Remove any rice stuck on the pot, before soaking for the best outcome. Be gentle with it as you will not want to in any way scratch the pot. Next after getting rid of food leftovers, give your pot another swift clean with a brush, and rinse again.
- You can clean any utensils that you use specifically with your rice cooker as the rice pot is soaking in soapy water.
- The rice cooker lid might detach so that it can be cleaned. If so, you are able to wash it like the other removable rice cooker parts. If it does not disengage, use a soapy sponge to remove any deposits, and once again rinse with a wet cloth. Always remember to be careful not to get the cooker wet.
- If you are lucky enough to have a dishwasher in your home, you may put all of the detachable parts in it for a deep clean. Let separate parts dry completely after you have completes cleaning them.
Clean Inside a Rice Cooker
- All spilt over food deposits can be picked up with a moist cloth. Ensure that all moistness is eradicated before you place the clean rice pot back into the cooker.
- Consider using a steel brush to get off stubborn-to-remove scum stains from your hot plate. Be careful when you use metal brushes to take off leftover food that sticks to the plate, as you can inadvertently scratch your rice cooker making it more tough to clean and perhaps hindering its use. Instead, take extra care when rubbing down the hot plate, ensuring that there is no rice left inside.
Clean Outside a Rice Cooker
- Occasionally the outside of a rice cooker may get some food or stains stuck on it, particularly after a wet recipe. A wet cloth should usually do the trick of cleaning this up especially if you do this relatively soon after cooking. If rice is being stubborn, you might need to utilize a cleaning solution.
- Imperatively you must not get detergents inside the rice cooker, but with care they can be used to clean the outside. The easiest way to stop this from occuring is to spray detergent straight onto a cloth and rub until food and stains are completely removed.
- The electrical cord of your rice cooker may also get dirty during the cooking process too, particularly if it is white in color. When the appliance is off, you can clean it, but you need to be gentle as you may make the rice cooker unusable if you harm it.
Important Safety Instruction When You Clean
There are a number of key safety precautions you need to consider when you want to clean rice cookers like a pro, which will make sure that you evade any hazards.
- It may seem obvious, but it can be easy to forget when cleaning your rice cooker that you need to make certain that it is unplugged. The main rule with any electrical gadget is not to allow any of their electrical parts have contact with water. The rice cooker base that plugs in must remain dry at all times.
- Cleaning ought to only be done when the rice cooker plate is totally cool. When you have newly used your rice cooker, then you need to give about 30 minutes for the plate to cool down depending on the brand of rice cooker you own.
- You will have an owner’s manual, so it is always a great idea to make sure that you read the safety instructions first to stay safe.
- As with every other step when cleaning your rice cooker, ensure that all parts are totally dry before you next use it.
Following these tips on how to clean a rice cooker like a pro and you will discover that your rice cooker lasts as long as you hoped for. Do use safe ways to clean your rice cooker any enjoy delicious freshly cooked rice.
How to Clean a Rice Cooker – WikiHow