Mangos are great fruits. They are sweet, delicious, and healthy for the body. Many people love to incorporate this fruit in their daily diet for its numerous benefits, and you should try it too.
Do you generally find it very tedious to cut mangoes? How much time do you spend peeling a mango? Are you looking for simple and easy ways to cut mangoes? Then this article is for you and will hopefully answer your questions.
There are many methods of cutting mangoes, and it would be helpful for you to get your hands accustomed to these simple ways.
Throughout all these methods, always remember to go for ripe mangoes as they taste amazing and make cutting even more fun.
Method 1 – Cutting in Slices by the Sides
- Hold the mango up straight and locate the stem and make sure it is at the top.
- Follow up by slicing your mango either into two halves or having many slices from the seed.
- Now after cutting, continue by cutting the flesh of the mango into a grid or chunk of your preference.
- Finally, scoop out the slices of the mango and there! You’re ready to serve or use.
- If you want more of your mango, remember to dice out the rest on the seed.
Method 2 – Peeling with a Knife
There are several ways of getting the best meals from your mango. Here is another convenient way of doing this:
- Let your knife do the magic here. Start cutting off the peel of the mango.
- Next, cut the mango into two half slices and remember to cut the parts of the mango that may be on the seed.
- Now, cut the large two halves into smaller slices. First slice into stripes and then into dices if you want. At this stage, you can be creative enough to cut the mango into sizes and styles you would want.
Method 3 – Using a Mango Splitter
This method is certified and recommended for a fast way of cutting the mangoes. If you love your mango in small bits and pieces or even large sizes in a quick way, invest in a mango splitter.
- First places your mango on a clean board and find the stem (make sure it stands vertically on the board).
- Place the splitter at the center and with your hand, gently push the oval slice of it into the middle of the mango. Doing this would separate the mango into three halves with one being the pit.
- You can now decide how you would want to consume the mango. You can continue by using your knife to cut the halves into smaller strips or have it as it is.
Method 4 – with a Drinking Glass
- Begin by cutting the mango with a knife into two halves.
- Hold one half to the rim of the glass between the skin and flesh, and gently push till every bit of it is in the glass. You can throw out the peel after.
- Repeat this with the other half, and you have your mango.
Recipes to Try with Mangoes
There are many recipes you can try at home with mangoes, some of these are fruit salads, mango skewers, smoothies, mango salsa, and a whole lot more.
Apart from being juicy and delicious, mangoes also provide you with essential nutrients for a healthy body. Try having at least two pieces of mango each week it’ll be of tremendous benefits.