How to Make Cotton Candy in a Few Easy Steps
When children go to the fair, they all always head for the cotton candy stall. Everyone has good memories of eating pink clouds of fluffy sugar from when they were a child. Even as a grown up, it is still an irresistible classic summer treat to look forward to. It is however possible to make cotton candy straight from your kitchen at home. So, this means you do not have to wait until the yearly fair to gratify your cotton candy longings, you will be able make it in your own kitchen.
There are two main ways that you can make cotton candy at home. You can make it by hand, or you can use one of the Best Cotton Candy Machines to get you your delicious sugary treat. All you have to do is follow a few easy steps to make cotton candy.
Cotton Candy Recipe
Making Cotton Candy at home is easy, and at home you get the added benefit of being able to experiment with a wide range of flavors. But for the basic cotton candy recipe you will only require a handful of ingredients for cotton candy.
– 1 cup of corn syrup
-4 cups of granulated sugar
-½ teaspoon of salt
-1 tablespoon of flavouring (raspberry, orange, or vanilla or to taste)
-1 cup of water
-2 drops of pink (or any color of your choosing) food coloring
- Combine the cotton candy ingredients. Put everything except the extracts either into a pan or your cotton candy machine. If you are using a saucepan then you are cooking over a medium heat. You then simply need to keep stirring the ingredients until the sugar is melted. If you are making cotton candy without a machine, ensure that you use a brush to wipe the sides of the pan as you cook to prevent sugar crystals from establishing themselves in your mixture.
- Use a candy thermometer in the saucepan. A cotton candy machine will do this for you but otherwise you must heat up your mixture to 320 degrees. As soon as the mix reaches that temperature, then if making by hand pour the hot mix into a heatproof bowl.
- Add your food colors and flavors at that point and stir the ingredients. While the traditional cotton candy recipe requires raspberry flavors and pink food coloring, nobody says that you have to stick to this and you can of course use anything that you want, be daring and test some new colors and flavors for your cotton candy.
- When using a machine, Load the floss into the centre of your cotton candy machine. On no occasion put your hand or other objects near to the floss head when your machine is turned on.
- Once your floss mix starts to heat up, it will start to liquefy and begin to form its cottony consistency.
- As soon as enough cotton candy has collected, you will be able to use a stick to twirl it out of your machine with some practice. You can add a bit of water to stop the cotton candy from sticking to the sides.
- To clear a machine from cotton candy, just let the machine run on and all the sugar will burn off.
To give cotton candy its color and flavor, you can also buy a sugar product which is best for machines that is already pre-mixed and ready to go. Pour it into your cotton candy machine from the carton, and you may find that this pre-mixed cotton candy will allows for faster and more well-organized cotton candy making from start to finish. Cotton candy is a joy to make at home. Few other treats are proficient at taking you back to those days of summer, But if the above method seems to time consuming and slightly technical, thanks to the multitude of the best cotton candy makers on the market, you can basically whip up a quick batch of cotton candy at any time. These machines have been developing over the years to offer an assortment of styles and sizes, and so you have the choice old-fashioned appeal or modern stylish machines. If you have sugar, and a new machine you can make cotton candy from your kitchen.
The Best Cotton Candy Machines
There are so many choices of cotton candy on the market, so it is important to think about what makes certain cotton candy machines an outstanding choice for making cotton candy.
The Nostalgia PCM-805 is an appealing pink and white machine which will definitely take you back, it is very modern yet at the same time very stylish. As well as using flossing sugar, with this machine you are able to use plain sugar too to create exceptionally lovely flavored sweets. This cotton candy maker will not break the bank and it is worth bearing in mind if you are attracted to producing smaller amounts of cotton candy.
The Classic Floss 7105100 is a mid-range cotton candy machine which is styled more professionally. It is large, efficient, and works hard for you. The Classic Gloss Cotton Candy Machine has a remarkable 1.5 horsepower motor, making it ideal for large numbers of people at parties, weddings and. A minimum of 100 candy flosses can be made per hour This machine then as you might expect is a little more expensive but worth it for large groups.
The Great Northern 6310 deserves a quick mention as being one of the best cotton candy makers available. This cotton candy maker is very efficient and the cotton candy it makes is also of outstanding quality. It has a large bowl which comes in handy for allowing you to make cotton candy easily. It may be a worthwhile investment if you want to make cotton candy in large quantities.
Overall, in order to ensure that every batch of cotton candy that you intend to make is prepared to perfection. Think about buying the best cotton candy maker best suited to your exact needs.