Indoor S’mores Recipe
S’mores are a favorite treat whenever people go on camping trips. It is a very simple recipe that only calls for three basic ingredients: graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. While the traditional recipe calls for an open fire pit, you can make s’mores right in your kitchen. Here’s how to make s’mores indoors.
Classic Indoor S’mores
It doesn’t matter if you don’t have a campfire in your backyard. You can always use your oven to make a delicious s’mores. This indoor s’mores recipe requires the same ingredients as your classic campfire confection. The best part of an oven baked s’mores is that you no longer have to start a fire. For this recipe, you will need standard-sized Graham crackers. You can also use the mini versions of these crackers if you like. However, if you are going to use the smaller types, make sure to double up on the number of crackers.
- 8 pieces of Graham crackers, each divided into two
- 8 pieces of marshmallows
- 2 bars of milk chocolate
- Turn on the oven and heat it to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a cookie sheet. Arrange half of the Graham crackers on the cookie sheet.
- Arrange the milk chocolate on top of the Graham crackers. It would be better to use a milk chocolate bar that allows you to break it into squares.
- Place one piece of marshmallow over each Graham cracker and on top of the chocolate pieces.
- Put the s’mores in the oven and start baking. Watch for the marshmallow to start puffing. This should take about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how much level of ‘doneness’ you will want from your marshmallow.
- Remove the oven baked s’mores and top each piece of marshmallow with the remaining half of the Graham crackers. Make sure to press on the marshmallow a little bit.
- Serve at once.
Making s’mores indoors is so easy. However, it can take some time because you have to preheat the oven first. There is another way you can enjoy s’mores in under 30 seconds. This microwave s’mores recipe is perfect for those who want instant s’mores. Within seconds, you can already be enjoying your favorite campfire confection. This recipe is for one person only. It should provide you with the foundation for making several pieces of the camping treat for everyone in your family.
- 2 pieces of graham cracker squares
- 1 piece of large marshmallow
- ½ bar of plain chocolate
- Get a clean piece of paper towel and lay down a piece of Graham cracker square.
- Place the plain chocolate on top of the cracker and top it off with a marshmallow.
- Place the s’mores in the microwave and cook it for 15 seconds on high. What you want is for the marshmallow to puff.
- Remove from the microwave. Get the other piece of Graham cracker square and put this over the marshmallow.
- Eat like you would any sandwich.
If you want a more interesting s’mores recipe, then we suggest making a s’more’s dip. This is quite different from the first two recipes. You will only be ‘cooking’ the marshmallow and the chocolate. You’ll also need a cast iron skillet instead of a baking sheet. Because of this, it is critical to coat the bottom and sides of the skillet with butter. It should help keep your s’mores dip from sticking. This recipe may have a different way of cooking. However, it still gives you that same delicious taste of campfire s’mores.
- 15 pieces of large or jumbo-sized marshmallows
- 1 and ½ cups of chocolate chips
- Graham cracker squares
- ½ tablespoon of butter
- Reposition the rack of your oven right in the center. Put a cast-iron skillet on the rack. Turn on the oven to 450°F. Heat the cast iron skillet.
- Once heated, remove the skillet from the over and swirl the butter in the skillet. This will help coat the bottom and the sides of the skillet with butter.
- Arrange the chocolate chips at the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
- Cut the marshmallows in half, crosswise. Arrange them on the bed of chocolate chips. Make sure to cover the chocolate chips.
- Put the cast iron skillet back in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes. This depends on your preference, whether you want toasted marshmallows or not.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and serve immediately with the graham crackers. Use the graham crackers to dig into the marshmallow-chocolate layers.
Learning how to make s’mores is easy. You only need either a microwave or an oven to help you get that same goodness of campfire s’mores.