Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
Spaghetti in an instant pot is a simpler, quicker, and, perhaps a more full of flavor pasta dish than the kind that you would normally create on your stove. It is practically easy as there is no need for endless stirring or waiting for a big pot of boiling water to cook your pasta. Rather then, after swiftly browning the beef quickly in your instant pot, just add sauce, some water, and your dry spaghetti. In roughly 20 minutes of cooking actual sorcery occurs and your instant pot spaghetti recipe is complete. Instant pot spaghetti is an ideal dish to have when you need to cook a meal quickly for busy weeknights or any time your family feel like a big bowl of deliciously cooked pasta.
Cooking Spaghetti in Instant Pot
It is easy to make spaghetti in an instant pot with just a few basic ingredients and it can be ready and on the plate in no time at all. Plus, there will be just one pan to wash at the end of your cooking journey. You can use both ground turkey or ground beef when cooking spaghetti in instant pot and any kind of pasta that you choose. This is a tasty comfort food that the whole family likes to come home to. Instant pot spaghetti is the simplest way to make spaghetti with a succulent meat sauce and it only needs around 10 minutes of preparation time as it all simmers away in the same pot.
The whole thing can be cooked and prepared in under half an hour and there is no need for you to stand over it while it cooks away. As soon as the timer has pinged, wait 1 minute and then release the pressure ensuring to open the lid away from yourself. You will then find that you have a perfectly cooked instant pot spaghetti. Initially, it will appear that there is way too much liquid in the pot once you have first opened it. However, the high levels of liquid prevent the pasta from browning and ensure that it is thoroughly cooked and just stir away.
Instant Pot Recipe for Spaghetti
When the family is all hungry and you want to get a meal on the table fast, this instant pot spaghetti recipe is the most imaginative shortcut to get dinner on the plate in super quick time. You can simply brown your mince, cook the pasta and add some vegetables for health all in one pot for a delicious family-friendly dinner. It will be straightforward to make and cooked in just under 20 minutes.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons mixed seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 oz. spaghetti
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to season
Related Post: Best Pepper Mills
Heat up the oil on the sauté setting on your instant pot until it gets hot. Add crushed garlic and stir it in with the onion powder and seasoning to cook for 1 minute.
Put in the beef and cook until browned and season the meat with salt and pepper. If any grease rises to the top spoon it out and remove it from your recipe.
Add water and ensure that you stir the mix to remove any stuck bits on the bottom. This is essential as it prevents spaghetti from burning while cooking.
Take your required amount of dry spaghetti and break it in half so that you are able to arrange them on top of the meat in the pot. Add extra water to the pot to ensure that everything is covered.
Place the entire contents of the canned diced tomatoes into the center of the pot away from the edges. Close your lid and set your timer for 7 minutes cooking on high pressure. It will take around 10 minutes for the pot to pressurize, then it will begin the cooking countdown.
When the timer is finished, ensure that you wait a further minute, then switch over the valve to vent the pot and ensuring that it is away from you, release the pressure. There will probably be steam still left in the pot that needs to escape. The final spaghetti will look as though it has far too much liquid in it, but all you have to do is stir it properly and then allow it sit on the side for several minutes to thicken up before serving.
Tips on How to Cook Spaghetti in Instant Pot
- You can use any type of pasta in an instant pot and for this recipe either white or whole wheat spaghetti can be used successfully. Cook white spaghetti for a few minutes longer to ensure that it is cooked through completely.
- Ensure that you to do a quick release immediately when the cook time comes to an end so that the pasta stops cooking.
- When using a whole pound of beef in this recipe, it will mean that it is relatively meat heavy. You can change this and use just half instead of a whole pound if you are looking to make your pasta a little healthier. To go the whole way, you can even make vegetarian spaghetti in an instant pot, simply put together the water with some chopped up vegetables of your choice, then add the seasonings along with the pasta, and pour the sauce over everything and cook.
- Take time to create a high-quality sauce that you love the taste of because this will influence the flavoring of the completed dish.
- Do not mix the pot with a spoon after you add the spaghetti. You will need to organize the spaghetti in a cross pattern in order to prevent it from all sticking together.
So, no matter what kind of instant pot you have, it is quick and easy to do this tasty spaghetti recipe successfully. It is a quick comfort food dinner that you need to try as part of your weekly diet.
- Spaghetti Genovese – Web MD