Easy Jalapeno Poppers Recipe
Stuffed jalapeno poppers are great appetizers. They are rich and creamy and can have a very distinct heat to them that will make your mouth water. Each bite also delivers a crunch that is music to the ears. You can dip them in almost any other sauce that can complement the spicy and salty nature of these poppers. Making your very own homemade jalapeno poppers is easy. In this article, we’ll share with you three different ways on how to make jalapeno poppers.
Air-Fried Jalapeno Poppers
For those who love the crunch of deep-fried jalapeno poppers, yet are wary of too much fat, they will love this air fryer jalapeno poppers recipe. The good thing about this recipe is that you do not have to worry about immersing your favorite chili appetizer in hot oil. This is good news for those who want to limit their fat consumption. At the same time, there are no oil splatters to worry about during the cooking process. The only downside is that it can be quite tedious to make this recipe. However, the result will be more than worth it.
- 8 pieces of large jalapeno peppers
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 and ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 and ½ cups of Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 and ½ teaspoons of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of lime zest
- Cook the jalapeno peppers in about 3 cups of water for about 3 minutes. Put the peppers in an ice bath and let it soak for about half a minute. Drain the water and pat the peppers dry using paper towels. Make a vertical slit on one side of each pepper. Remove the veins and seeds. Rinse the peppers and dry well.
- Combine the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Add half a teaspoon of salt and continue mixing. Stuff the peppers with the cheese filling and close the slit.
- Prepare three shallow dishes. One will hold the flour, another will contain the beaten eggs, and the third dish will hold the Panko bread crumbs. Add a teaspoon of kosher salt to the bread crumbs.
- Dip a pepper in egg and coat it well. Let the excess egg drip. Roll the pepper in flour and shake off the excess. Dip the pepper again in egg before rolling it in Panko. Do the same for the rest of the jalapenos.
- Preheat the air fryer for about 3 to 5 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the breaded jalapenos and the air fryer basket with a nonstick cooking spray. Cook 4 pieces of jalapenos at a time for about 10 to 12 minutes. At the 6-minute mark, turn the jalapenos. Air-fry the rest of the jalapenos.
- Create the dipping sauce by combining the sour cream and the lime juice and zest. This makes a great dip for the air fryer jalapeno poppers.
Fried Jalapeno Poppers
While air-frying can give you a healthier version of fried jalapeno poppers, it is still different from one that is deep-fried. This recipe is for those individuals who do not have heart or cholesterol issues. The cooking process is also simpler than air-frying. The only problem, of course, is that you may have to deal with oil splatter later on. This is a small price to pay for delicious deep-fried jalapeno poppers.
- 15 pieces of plump jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- A dash of salt
- Cut off the tops of the peppers and slice each one in half lengthwise. Remove the veins and seeds.
- Mix the cheddar cheese and the cream cheese. Stuff this into each jalapeno half. Press the pepper halves back together.
- Prepare 3 shallow bowls. Pour the milk in one bowl. Pour the flour in another and add the salt. Pour the bread crumbs in the third bowl.
- Dip each pepper in the milk before coating it lightly with flour. Let the peppers air dry for about 10 to 15 minutes on waxed paper. Dip the peppers again in milk before rolling them in breadcrumbs. Allow to dry for an additional 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 370 degrees Fahrenheit in a deep fryer. Fry 5 jalapenos at a time for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about a minute before you start enjoying your fried jalapeno poppers.
Baked Jalapeno Poppers
The last recipe that will help you learn how to make jalapeño poppers does not use oil. As a matter of fact, this healthy version of the popular chili appetizer uses only four ingredients. Health-conscious people will love this recipe. It is very easy to make. One only needs to create layers of cream cheese and cheddar cheese before topping it off with Panko bread crumbs. Baked jalapeno poppers make great appetizers because they do not fill your tummy with fat before the main course. Its crunch may be less than what you’d get from either deep-fried or air-fried chili poppers. However, it still gives a crunch like no other.
- 12 pieces of jalapeno peppers
- 2 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup of Panko breadcrumbs
- Start heating your oven to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet. Coat it with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare the jalapeno peppers in the same manner as Fried Jalapeno Poppers.
- Fill half of each jalapeno half with cream cheese. Put cheddar cheese on top of the cream cheese. Top it off with Panko bread crumbs.
- Arrange the jalapeno peppers on the baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes. Check to see if the cheese has already melted.
- Enjoy your baked jalapeno poppers.
Making homemade jalapeno poppers is easy. We shared with you three ways to do this. You can make these recipes as the bases for any modifications that you would like to make. You can add meat and vegetables if you wish. That should make your stuffed jalapeno poppers stand out.