You’ll Fall in Love with These Valentine’s Day Treats
The day of love is coming up soon. The Roman festival Lupercalia has been replaced by St. Valentine’s Day at the end of the 5th century. A day dedicated to love and we sure look forward to it. It’s the day to celebrate love and do something nice for the loved ones.
But no valentine is complete without valentine’s day treats. Did you know you can make amazing and delicious valentine’s day treats at home without spending a fortune on premade ones? We’ll cover some of the valentine treat ideas that you will love and cherish until the day comes.
Valentine’s Day Brownies
When it comes to valentine’s day treats, these brownies are probably the quickest and easiest way to surprise your loved one. It takes only a few hours to make and the final product is capable of melting everyone’s hearts.
- ¾ cup of butter
- 4 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
Related Post: Best Brownie Pans
- Start by preheating your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line 13×9 inches pan with foil and grease. Melt the butter and the chocolates on a pan. Make sure the heat is very low and don’t forget to keep stirring. Once melted, take the pan down from the stove.
- Take a bowl and put flour, cocoa, and salt and whisk properly Add the eggs and beat with a mixer at full speed. Add the sugar and keep beating. Beat until the volume of the batter seems roughly three times the initial volume.
- Now, take the chocolate and butter mixture and fold it with the flour batter. Keep folding until the mixture looks consistent.
- Take the pan with foil and pour the mixture onto the pan. Put it in the oven and bake for half n hour. Remember to put a toothpick in the mixture. The toothpick should come out clean when the brownie is ready. If not, bake again in 2-minute pulses.
- Let the brownie cool down and cut it in your favorite shape. As it’s for valentine’s day, a heart shape would be the most appropriate. You can buy frosting from the store and decorate to add the final touch. Enjoy the valentine’s treat with your loved one!
Chocolate Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
If you have been thinking about what treats to make for valentine’s day, you are in the right place. A unique and delicious treat idea for the upcoming valentine.
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 25-30 marshmallows
- Take a bowl and whisk the flour, baking soda, cocoa, and salt together. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a separate bowl using an electric mixer. It’s better if the butter is at room temperature. Beat about 2-3 minutes until the mixture is fluffy. Add the egg and beat the egg in.
- Now, lower the speed of the mixer and slowly add the flour mixture. Keep mixing until you see a consistent mixture. Once properly mixed, you’ll need to split the dough in half and roll each of them in parchment paper. Refrigerate the rolls for at least half n hour.
- While the rolls are in the fridge, preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take the rolls out and line baking sheets with parchment. You can cut the dough according to your favorite shapes like heart, X and O, etc. Put the cutouts on the baking sheet and start baking.
- You need to bake it for 16-20 minutes but make sure to rotate the baking sheets halfway through. Once done, let the mixture cool down for 5-10 minutes. Take the marshmallows and sandwich them between the cookies. Your homemade valentine’s treats are ready.
Related Post: Best Whisks
Valentine’s Day Bark
People need to get out of the traditional thinking process of getting a box of chocolates for their loved ones and do something special. There are only a few options as good as a batch of valentine’s day bark. It’s an easy valentine treat that works like a charm.
- 24 ounces of melted chocolate
- 1 ½ cups of pretzels
- 6 ounces of melted white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of heart sprinkles
- Red, pink and white sprinkles
- Start with lining a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the melted chocolate in an even layer. Take all the sprinkles you have other than the heart ones and spread all over the layer.
- Take a piping bag and put the melted white chocolate into it. If you don’t have a piping bag laying around, you can take a zip lock bag and snip the corner with a scissor. Start filling the middle of the pretzels with the white chocolate until its evenly spread.
- Take the heart-shaped sprinkles one by one and put them in the middle of the white chocolate. It will create a nice look and represent the thought that your loved one is the center of your life. You can bend the pretzel into a heart shape as well. Refrigerate until the chocolate layer is set and enjoy.
Chocolate Sweetheart Cupcakes
Coming up with valentine treat ideas doesn’t take much. We are here to make it easy for you. There is nothing better to express your love other than some chocolate sweetheart cupcakes.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2/3 cups of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups of heavy cream
- 8 ounces of finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 ounces of white chocolate for lettering
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line muffin cups with paper liners. The stated ingredients are for 12 large or 24 small sized muffins.
- Beat the butter, cocoa, baking powder, sugar, baking soda and salt in a big bowl. You can use a whisk or an electric mixer. If you’re using a mixer, use it on the lower setting. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes to create an even mixture.
- Once the mixture is consistent, add the eggs and beat again. You can crack the mixer speed if you’d like. Gradually add the milk and vanilla extract and keep beating until a fluffy and consistent mixture is ready.
- Now, you can start filling the muffin cups for baking. Use a spoon and fill the muffin cups about 2/3 of the size. Put the tray in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. You can use the toothpick technique with these muffins as well. Put a toothpick in each of the muffins and it should come out clean once the muffins are ready.
- Before you remove the cupcakes, make sure to cool it down for at least 5 minutes. You can do the same with the rest of the batter and follow the same instructions till they cool down.
- For the ganache, just take the heavy cream and heat it over medium heat. Pour the chopped bittersweet chocolate into the cream. The chocolate should be melted in about 1 minute. Take a spoon and put the ganache over all the cupcakes.
- You can frost the cupcakes on your own with some white chocolates. Put the white chocolate in a microwave at 50% power. Microwave in 20-second pulses until the chocolate melts totally. Use a piping bag or the zip lock bag method to convey love messages on top of a cupcake.
Red Velvet Milkshake
Who says that valentine’s day treats can only be food? It can be anything. For example, a red velvet milkshake. All it takes is 5 minutes of time to prepare and some ingredients. No matter who you present it to, it’s going to be a massive hit.
- 2 cups of ice cream (vanilla preferred)
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons of hot fudge sauce
- Whipped cream and sprinkles
Related Post: Best Whipped Cream Dispensers
- Let’s start with the decoration this time. As it doesn’t take and oven preheating to make the velvet milkshake, we can spare some time for decoration. Place the sprinkles on a plate on one side and some hot fudge sauce on the other side.
- Dip the rim of your glass in the sauce and then cover it with the sprinkles. You can go wild with the choice of sprinkles as there is no one trying to stop you. Go as far as your imagination takes you.
- Take a blender and put the ice cream, milk, vanilla extract, and cake mix together. Keep blending in pulses until its smooth and consistent.
- Pour the drink into the glasses you prepared earlier with the sprinkles. Top it up with the whipped cream and more sprinkles if you think necessary.
Related Post: Best Milkshake Makers
Chocolate Meringue Layer Cake
In our list of sweet treats for valentine’s day, a chocolate meringue layer cake is pretty high up there. It takes some effort to make this but the final result is just amazing. You can sure hope that your loved ones will feel special once they see this cake.
- 1 ½ cups of superfine sugar
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of potato starch or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces of chopped bittersweet chocolate for the mousse layers
- 4 egg yolks for the mousse layer
- 3 tablespoons of sugar for the mousse layers
- 2 ¾ cups of heavy cream
- Shaved chocolate and raspberries for serving
Steps for Meringue
- Heat the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit and use parchment sheets for lining 2 large baking sheets. Make sure to draw 6-inch circles on the parchment and flip over.
- Mix the potato starch and sugar together. Take a squeaky-clean bowl and whisk the egg whites and the vinegar using an electric mixer. The egg whites should be foamy within 1-2 minutes. Add sugar gradually, preferably 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat at least for 30 seconds before adding a new spoon of sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract at the end when the egg whites become glossy and stiff. Use a fine-mesh sieve to put cocoa on top of the egg-white mixture. Add the chocolate and fold all together using a big rubber spatula.
- Remember the circles you made in the parchment papers? Use them as guides and divide the mixture into two parts of the baking sheet. Use a small spatula the make the edges of the mixture as smooth and possible.
- Put them in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Now is the critical part. Don’t take the baked cake out of the oven. You need to let the meringue layers to cool down inside the oven for at least 4 hours. You can leave it overnight as well.
Steps for the Mousse
- Now you can start with the mousse. Melt the chocolate in a microwave. Use 50% of the power and don’t microwave for more than 30 seconds. Keep repeating this process until the chocolate totally melts.
- Take a medium saucepan and whisk egg yolks, 1 tablespoon of sugar and ¾ cup of heavy cream together. Start heating the mixture and keep stirring. The mixture will thicken and should coat the back of a spoon. Whisk the melted chocolate and remove from heat once the whole mixture is even and consistent.
- Let it cool down to room temperature. Beat the reaming cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar using an electric mixer. The final mixture should form medium peaks. Mix 1/3 of the cream into the chocolate mixture to loosen it and fold the remaining cream in. Cover everything with food-grade plastic wraps and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Now it’s the moment of truth. Take 1 meringue cake on a large serving plate. Use a spoon to put ¼ of the mousse on top in an even manner. Top it off with the 2nd meringue and mousse layer. Use the sprinkles, shaved chocolate, and raspberries to add the final touch of love to this magnificent piece of art.
Related Post: Best Microwave Ovens
We know how much a box of chocolates can mean to someone on valentine’s day. Valentine treats recipes don’t have to be all food or drink related, right? You can make a box of chocolates for your loved one, at home. How great is that?
Now, we’ll try to imitate an original box of chocolate as much as possible. We’ll be splitting the ingredients into sections for easier understanding.
Ingredients for Dark Chocolate
- ¼ teaspoon of instant espresso powder
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- 4 ounces of finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 4 ounces of finely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- ¼ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Ingredients for White Chocolate
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoon of Irish Cream liqueur or pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces of finely chopped white chocolate
Ingredients for Coatings
- Chopped peanuts
- Chopped pistachios
- Chopped pecans
- Cocoa powder
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
Let’s start with the dark chocolate truffles. Take a medium saucepan and heat the cream. Once the cream is barely simmering, stir the espresso in. Add the semisweet and bittersweet chocolates as well and keep stirring. Stir till the mixture is blended evenly and has a consistent texture.
Now, you can stir in the butter, vanilla extract and the salt. The mixture should be ready within a few minutes. You can transfer it to a smaller bowl and cover it with food-grade plastic wraps for 2 hours to a week.
The process kind of goes the same for the white chocolate truffles. Start by heating the cream then gradually keep adding the ingredients like Irish liqueur, kosher salt, and the finely chopped white chocolate.
To make the truffles the perfect shape, you can use a small cookie scoop, a spoon or even a melon baller. Scoop enough chocolate so that you can make the balls as you like. The ideal size would be 2-3 inches. Roll the ball in between your palms to smooth it out and then refrigerate for 10 minutes.
Once the balls are sufficiently hard, you can start dipping the balls in your favorite toppings. You can store the truffles in an airtight container. Make sure to put wax paper between each layer.
Related Post: Best Food Storage Containers
Make this Valentine a Remarkable One
Valentine’s day is a very special day for humans. Valentine’s day treats can make the day even more special. Valentine treats recipes are easy to find. You can make homemade valentines treats without breaking a sweat. Your minimal effort can make someone smile and feel special.
If you’ve been wanting to make a sweet treat for valentine’s day but didn’t know how to do it, this article is just for you. Take of look at the recipes we shared and make people fall in love with you in minutes.
- 25 Decadent Valentine’s Day Desserts to Whip Up This Year – Woman’s Day
- 30+ Homemade Valentine’s Day Treats Everyone Will Love – Good Housekeeping